Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I wonder what they are thinking...

Since Harrison was born I often have asked myself "I wonder what he is thinking". I think this about Emilee too, especially when they have a mischievous grin or are just staring at something that I don't think is very interesting.



Today I got a little glimpse into what goes on in Harrison's mind and it was quite comical!



We bought Harrison a new book/toy shelf for his room. I separated all of his books into these catagories: Dr. Seuss, Bible books, hardback books, paperback books and some Curious George books. When I put the books on the shelf I told Harrison where the books went so he would know where to look and where to put them away.



That was about a week ago, today when I was in his room he picked up a book off the shelf and said: "That's not an ouchy book, it doesn't go there." (it was on the Dr. Seuss shelf)



I said: "An ouchy book, what is an ouchy book?"



He then picked up a paperback book, hit himself in the head and said: "See, that is not an ouchy book".



I then understood



hardback books = ouchy books



paperback books = not ouchy books



I got it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is funny. I thought that he was going to say it was a"ouchy book" because it was by a Dr

Meredith said...

Me too! But the real answer was even cuter. :)

Natalie Kellett said...

where did you get the bookshelf.. I need one like that.