Then IT happened. Mike walked by and closed Harrison's door, walked around to put Emilee in and couldn't - the door was locked - ALL the doors were locked! We didn't panic because we didn't want to upset Harrison but Mike was frustrated and I was unhappy that my hair was getting flat and frizzy :(. Harrison can buckle himself into his car seat, but he cannot get out by himself - which I'm ok with except for today! I tried to talk Harrison through unhooking his seat belt, but he was just getting upset. Mike thought his key was in the console of his truck, which his brother Mark was borrowing, so we called Mark and he came flying over - NO KEY. Then I remembered that last week while Mike was in CA I had picked my car up from the shop and dropped Mike's key in my purse - my purse was in the car! We made a phone call to church to let them know that we might need to be moved to the 2nd service and then Mark helped talk Harrison through getting out of his seat.
Harrison climbed out of his seat, climbed into the front and unlocked the doors!! We quickly got in the car and headed for church (with my frizzy hair and all!). I quickly changed Emilee into her dress and made it to the service in plenty of time to try to once again explain to Harrison why Emilee was being "decorated".
The dedication went very well and Emilee did a great job too. There was a charge to Mike and me about raising Emilee to love the Lord and to be examples of Christ to her, a charge to our family to provide support to us and to pray for Emilee and then a charge to the church family as they are ones who will be teaching Emilee in classes and VBS to be godly examples to her. They did a slide show with some pictures of Emilee, gave us a book, certificate and some flowers and then the whole church sang Jesus Loves Me.
It was a very nice dedication and we are very thankful that it went so smoothly despite our rough start!




1 comment:
I'm so glad everything worked out for your special day. Bravo to Harrison for following instructions so well without y'all being able to physically help him!
Post a Comment