Friday, May 2, 2008

We're In!

We are in our new house! There are still lots of boxes in the garage but the essential things are in the house and I am slowly and surely working on the garage. Lots of the boxes will be put in the attic. I am just trying to go through them all before they go up there to see if there is anything I want to put in a yard sale first.
Harrison seems to have transitioned very well. He hasn't had any trouble sleeping in his room and has never acted scared or like anything was different since day one. We tried to get all his decorations up in his room quickly so it would look similar to his old room. The only change has been his nap time. For the first few days he was taking 2 naps a day (one day he took a 2 hr. nap then a 3 hr. nap and went to bed at 8 o'clock too!) I think the move just wore him out. He is now back to just one nap a day, but it is earlier than it was before. I am working on getting him back to his old nap time b/c it was better for me :), but that will take a little time.
The really weird thing is that the layout of this house is VERY similar to the upstairs of our GA house. I hardly ever went downstairs, so it doesn't seem like much has changed - pretty cool!
We have met several neighbors and they are all very nice. They say the owner REALLY wants to sell this house and not just rent, so we could get a really good deal on it. We don't know if that is what God has for us but we aren't planning on purchasing anything until our GA house sells. We are still praying hard about that! If we did have the option to buy though we are interested - we will just see what God does.
I will take pictures of the house and post them soon, but we would love for anyone to drop by and see it for yourself (just remember I am still unpacking and things are not all in order yet!).

Mike is in Maine this weekend for his brother Mark's graduation from the Mairatime Academy there. We are all so proud of Mark and this accomplishment! We can't wait for them all to be back in SC!

That's it for now - boxes are calling my name and I have to hurry before H. wakes up!

8 comments:

Jackie said...

It's so good to see you more often at your parent's home. I can't wait till Perrin can run and play with Harrison. Glad you are back closer to us all. I want to come see your house, maybe Stephanie and I can come by one day.

Anonymous said...

Jessica and I are very glad that you are all together. Harrison seems very happy up here to me. In particular on thursday when his dad came home. He was showing off

Cassie said...

Jackie I would love for ya'll to come by anytime!


Yes John, I think H. is very happy to see Mike more too!

Meredith said...

God is so faithful! Love you to pieces.

Natalie Kellett said...

Yeah. I'm so glad for you guys. Glad you guys are back..

Meredith said...

And hey... where are the pics? I'm trying to be patient, but that is not my forte. Hehe.

Cassie said...

Mike was in Maine and now he is in Charleston (just until tomorrow) hopefully when he gets back he will have some time to get the USB thingy working so I can put pics up!

The Dales said...

Yes, we need to get the boys together soon for a play date! I won't be working any next week (yahooo!) b/c PACT testing is next week so we should try and take the boys somewhere or someones house. I know PCD would love it!!