Friday, April 18, 2008

War Wounds

Harrison LOVES to go to the park in our neighborhood. We were there Thursday and today for several hours each time. Most of the time some of our friends from church come too and we have lots of fun!

Yesterday we were on our way in and H. took off running full speed ahead and you guessed - bit the dust (on the cement, unfortunately!). He was very upset for about 3 seconds and then ready to run again blood dripping down his leg and all. I, of course, had no band-aids or neosporin. My friend with older kids reminded me that this was my first summer with a walker in shorts (last summer H. was just crawling and cruisin') and that I would have to go stock up on band-aids.

So we made a trip to Target last night to get a few things and we grabed several boxes of band-aids as well. I stocked the diaper bag last night and then we headed to the park again this morning.

Good thing I was prepared b/c once again Harrison fell on his knees. He cried a little longer this time but mainly b/c I was taking forever to apply the neosporin and band-aids and he just wanted to get down and play. Needless to say I will stay prepared this summer for our next war wound!





Here is a happy picture before we left for the park this morning.




Look closely and you will see the two skinned knees! The big smile is really b/c of what he is holding in his hand :)

3 comments:

The Dales said...

What a sweet little face! He is too cute, I hate he has to fall but thats how the wheel rolls! I think Perrin will be learning to walk this summer and that will be great, learning to walk in shorts, yikes!! Maybe we can find him some elbow and knee guards!

Cassie said...

Yeah he might need that! What size shoe does Perrin wear? I got 2 pairs of stride rite shoes size 5 at a consignment sale and they are already too small for H. They said he needs a 6 1/2 so there is room to grow. If you are interested in them (especially if he will be walking) just let me know.

Anonymous said...

I think he is just proud to show off the wounds.