Friday, November 2, 2007

A Happy Halloween!

We had a really fun Halloween. Our friends David and Julie were here to get some of the things out of their GA house (they have already moved to SC) and they were staying with us because they have renters in their house here.
We had a busy day with three little trick-or-treaters and two different times to dress up and get candy. First we went to a nursing home in town that was having children from the community come through and get candy from the elderly that lived there. My favorite person there was an old man from our church (Mr. Powell) who was dressed as a woman! His daughter had even painted his fingernails! It was hilarous and I forgot to get a picture of him. I am so sad, but I got several other cute pictures.
Then we trick-or-treated in my neighborhood (well, we only made it to one house!) We took some pictures at the house and then the little ones were tired so we went back home to wait for our own trick or treaters and ate some homemade chicken noodle soup - yum, yum. Altogether it was a fun day!
An unhappy little dragon!
At the nursing home. Harrison got very tired and had to rest in the stroller. Notice his green converse sneakers! All the dragons are wearing them these days!
Max was tired too after hopping all over the nursing home~
Jake was a very content little cow!
They are a little happier now!Harrsion getting some candy from one of the residents at the nursing home.
Jake thought the Statue of Liberty was hilarious and Harrison was trying to figure out why she was green!
This was our photo shoot at one of the houses in the neighborhood.
Max and Jake had a quick costume change!
Harrison with uncle David.

3 comments:

Keith said...

Oh, Cassie. You guys are too sweet. I don't think I ever would have thought to go to a nursing home, and I have no doubt that those people were thrilled beyond belief to see little ones. How wonderful!
H is a cutie-pie dragon! Love the shoes. (This is Moo, by the way.)

Cassie said...

Thanks, I wouldn't have thought of it either. Someone at my church works there and just let everyone with children know about it. I think it was a great idea!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful treat that was for the nursing home residents! I'm so glad you went. The boys look terrific!