I am a little behind getting this post up but I wanted to try to update about her each month at least for the first year so I will keep trying...
A big exciting thing that happened just days before she turned 3 months was her first plane ride! Harrison, Emilee, Jessica, Gracie, Mom and I took a trip over mom's spring break to see Grammy Noyes. I am sure we were quite a sight in the airport with 3 adults, 3 children, 2 strollers w/ carseats attached, 3 suitcases, 1 toddler carseat and too many to count carry on bags but we made it there and back safely. It was a fun trip and Emilee did ok on the plane. I think her ears hurt some when we started to descend and she screamed some. It wasn't so fun being the mom with the screaming baby, but we survived and everyone was very nice to me. I only had one strange lady who sat across the isle from me that stared at me almost the entire flight but other than that everything was grand!
We do not have to see the dr. again until Emilee is 4 months old so I don't really know how much she weighs or how long she is, but I do know she is growing! She is only fitting into her 3-6 month clothes now and gone are the size one diapers. Emilee seems very long to me and I often have to remind myself of how little she still is. I definitely do not want to rush her to do anything (I did with Harrison and now realize how short a time they do those baby things) so I am just trying to enjoy her being a baby and hold and cuddle her as much as I can! She is getting so much stronger and she seems to be doing something new almost everyday I know this time will pass way to quickly.
She can reach for things and usually can grab a toy that I hold out for her. She still loves to sit in her bouncy seat and watch the fish blow bubbles on it.
She has started to "talk" when I am talking too! :) If I am holding her and talking to someone else she will just chime in with as much baby babble as she can. If I stop talking and talk to her she just looks at me like "what, I wasn't doing anything" then she will go right back to babbling when I start talking again - it is very cute!
Emilee still wakes up once in the middle of the night to eat and still eats every 3-3 1/2 hrs. during the day. I think she will have a fast metabolism like Harrison does so I am not expecting that middle of the night feeding to go away easily. As far as falling asleep she does GREAT at home in her bed, but doesn't like to sleep very much when we are out which can cause for a cranky little girl sometimes. When we are out she just loves to look around and see what is going -I think she might be a little nosey :).
She now has a little "lovey" that she likes to hold when she is in her car seat. It is a little pink giraffe lovey she likes to hold on to it and have it touch her face when she is in her carseat. Harrison doesn't really have anything that he really "loved" other than his pacy so I would be excited if she did - it seems like a girly thing to do. :) Emilee does still like her pacy, but she also likes to put her fingers in her mouth so it will be interesting to see what she eventually likes the most. She can get herself to sleep now with either, which is nice.
PS Jessica took Emilee's 3 month pictures while we were in CT and I will post some of them when she is done editing them. She also got some pictures of Grammy with all her great-grandchildren and I can't wait to see them too. I'll share when we get them!

2 comments:
I have often wished Henry enjoyed a lovey. He doesn't favor anything. I think that's so sweet - Emilee and her giraffe. :)
I know Meredith, Harrison didn't have anything either - except his bobbie!!! Maybe its a boy thing
Post a Comment