Sunday, September 16, 2007

We have been in SC for the past few days. We had a great time visiting everyone. I left my camera at a friend's house and didn't get it back until the day we were leaving so I didn't get too many pictures. Harrison did get some pictures with his Grandma and Pap-Pap that he wanted to show everyone.

Mike and I looked at two houses this weekend. Neither of them are for us, but we are going to look again in 2 weeks when I go up again for Harrison's birthday. I think we are going to try to find a small house to rent or lease for a year or so. Then hopefully our house will have sold and we can look for another house then. It is very hard to look at houses when you are living in another state, so if we rent one in SC it will be much easier to look around while we are there!

On Saturday we went to dinner with mom, dad, grandma, John, Jessica and Mike's parents. We ate at a fish camp called Riverview in Greer - Grandma's treat!!!! It was very good and we all had a great time. We watched The Prestige with Mike's parents that night which is a pretty good movie if you haven't seen it yet.

Saturday I went to a diapers, wipers and swipers (gift cards) shower for my friend Julie. She got lots of great diapers, wipes and gift cards and a few other good things too! Mike got to go golfing and Harrison went grocery shopping with his Grams and then got to play with her and Great-grandma Hollifield.

Right before we left Harrison got his first birthday gift! Jackie, Mike, Stephanie, Jonathan and Perrin gave him a Little Tikes Basketball Goal!!! We opened it quickly before we left and Harrison threw the ball just not in the goal. We will have to practice. I will send a picture when he learns how! I know he is really going to love playing with that (and so will his daddy!)

We stopped by Mike's parents house before we headed down to GA and here are several pictures of what we did there.


Grandma and Harrison in the play house.


The results of swimming without a swimming diaper!


When Harrison needed a rest from swimming he would head to the side of the pool and hold on to the edge.
Don't look Amanda, I think that is a booger on his lip!

Swimming with my Pap-Pap!





3 comments:

Jackie said...

I am glad he likes his Basketball goal. I hope he will get lots of use from it. He looks so cute in the pool, I can't wait for next summer to see Perrin in the pool. I hope Perrin and Harrison will get to swim together next summer. Have a good week,
Jackie

The Dales said...

He has got to be the cutest little thing around!

Cassie said...

Thank you both again for the basketball goal. Harrison is going to just LOVE it! It was so great to see ya'll and Perrin. I can't wait to be up there so we can see each other more. I am praying for Mer to be able to move sometime soon too!
Hey Steph, I was thinking about what you were saying about Perrin not wanting to nurse. Have you tried starting pumping so the milk drops and then trying to get him to latch on once it is already flowing. I remember Harrison getting very frustrated sometimes when it wouldn't drop as fast as he would like and I would always wish I could pump or something to make it start quicker for him. I know you are trying everything I just thought that might help. I think you are being such a good mommy to continue to pump. I know that it must get tiring sometimes! You are doing a great job though.