Thank you to everyone who has been praying for Harrison. He has had two great days without any temperature! It is so nice to have him back to normal again!
Here's a funny story on the road to recovery...
Harrison is taking an antibiotic for the virus or whatever it was that was making him sick. For anyone who doesn't know, antibiotics cause many babies to be "loose". I give Harrison Culturel (excellent stuff that puts the good bacteria back into their systems). However, it had not started to work yet on Friday morning.
Friday morning I was getting up early to go to a consignment sale with my friend Julie (she has two boys - Max - 20 months, and Jake - 3 months). Everything was going smoothly. Harrison woke up around 6:30. We played until around 7:15 then I jumped in the shower. While I was in the shower, I put Harrison in his jumper (yes, he is a little too big but this way he can't get away!). When I got out of the shower I looked down at him (no glasses or contacts in yet and I am as blind as a bat) and I thought "Oh no Harrison spit up on the tray and is playing in it" Then I realized "His spit up is not usually brown..." You can imagine what was brown that he was playing with!! Then I looked down on the floor where I see much, much more "brown" that he is happily jumping up and down in! A lot happened very quickly from there. Contacts in, bath water on, Harrison out, clothes and diaper off, Harrison in (the tub), phone call to Mike telling him that I was REALLY wishing he was here to help me clean up poo (I can handle it in the diaper, but I can't stand it outside of one). I somehow got everything cleaned up, Harrison bathed, fed and dressed and got myself ready and dressed in about 45 minutes, which is a miracle with a crawling baby! We made it to the consignment sale with three babies, found some really great deals and got home before lunch! What an exciting day. Needless to say Harrison and I both took an afternoon nap. And thankfully the Culturel has worked since then!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh Cassie, You made me gag! I am so sorry you had that to deal with, I am like you and hate it out of the diaper. I hope Harrison is on the road to recovery. Love ya, Jackie
Ditto!!
Seems as though I remember an episode or two like that . . . and always seems to happen when there's a reason to hurry! I'm thankful Harrison is feeling better. GMa said we'll see you this week-wonderful!
Seems as though I remember an episode or two like that . . . and always seems to happen when there's a reason to hurry! I'm thankful Harrison is feeling better. GMa said we'll see you this week-wonderful!
OOps! I'll learn
It's actually 8:35 pm
Hey Cassie! Long time no see. I hope your doing well and that baby of yours gets better!
I know its been a long time. Married life is great. Yeah mindy and myles came over a couple of weeks ago. He is getting so big, and so adorable. speaking of baby's I didnt know you have one. He is adorable.
Post a Comment