Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Card Picture Taking

Well we have just had a very busy afternoon trying to get a picture of Harrison for our Christmas card. I know I am very behind on that this year, but that is kind of my theme for this Christmas season ~ I only got my tree up last night!!!

Soooo..., it is very challenging trying to take a 1 year old's picture by yourself! We decided to just have Harrison on the card since it is so hard to get us all together and find someone to take our picture. I thought this would be no big deal but after a scratched up toe and wrist, filthy and sweaty clothes and a head full of dead leaves from a tree I have changed my mind. Here are a few of the "mess ups" I hope you all get a good laugh!
"I do not want to take pictures today!"
This is my laugh-cry"Oh, did you want me to look at the camera?!?!"
"Mom, it is 80 degrees, why am I wearing a hat?"
"Look mommy, take a picture of that!"
"Get me out of these leaves!"
"How about this face for your Christmas card"
"Oh, a dandilion!"
Yes I know, this one is kinda cute except that there is a dandilion stem sticking out of his mouth! Don't worry he did not eat the fuzzies and he did not bite the stem.
In awe...
"I said I do not want to wear this hat!"
Don't ask...
"Don't bother me, I'm sleeping"
"Huhhhh..."
PERFECT ~ except his eyes are closed!!!

And last but not least my secret to keeping his pants up for the pictures ~ the infamous chip clip!

So 1 hour and 61 pictures later I think I might have 1 picture that will work for the Christmas card! Hopefully they will arrive before Christmas...

5 comments:

Natalie Kellett said...

He is so cute. I think most kids never like having their pic taking.

The Dales said...

WAY TOO CUTE!!!!!!

Jackie said...

Precious little boy. I loved the picture you guys made in front of the tree at McAdenville, you should use that one. Jackie

Cassie said...

It was an ok picture but I didn't like our red noses!

Anonymous said...

I like the one with the dandelion!