Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Leaves, leaves, leaves and more leaves!

I am pretty sure I mentioned this last year, but we (Mike) has spent so much time doing this again this year, I feel it is worth blogging about once again. LEAVES - don't get me wrong, we love the trees, but it is insane how many leaves are in our yard! Two weekends ago Mike and his brother Mark spent several hours picking up all the leaves in our yard and one weekend later it had to be done all over again, are there were just as many leaves again. This time Mike did it all by himself (I'm not much help this year) and it took him about 6 hrs! We have a lot of leaves. The yard looked great Saturday afternoon, but by that evening there were leaves everywhere again! We probably have 2 more big pick-up days and then hopefully all the leaves will be off the trees. Here are a few pictures of what I'm talking about.

Mike with one of his many loads of leaves that he carried up to the street. At least we have free leaf pick-up!
Leaves on one side of the porch

Some of the leaves from the backyard, Mike was blowing them into the middle so he could rake them onto a tarp and carry them to the road.


Harrison LOVES playing in the leaves -which makes all the raking worth it!

1 comment:

The Dales said...

That is a great picture of Harrison!