Wednesday, November 18, 2009

5 more weeks!

I had a check-up today and everything went really well. Emilee is head down ready to make an appearance in just 5 short weeks! I will start going to the dr. every week from now until then to make sure she is growing and moving the way she needs to be. The Dr. assured me that someone would be at the hospital to deliever her even if it is Christmas Eve or Chrismas Day. He said they won't induce me (which is fine) unless I go a week past my due date. I still have a lot to do from now until then, but we are getting very excited about her being here whether we are ready or not!

Emilee loves to get the hiccups and it makes me feel a little crazy. I can't stand to feel the same thing in the same place over and over and over. If Mike rubs my hand, arm, back, foot, etc. in the same spot over and over it makes me want to jump out of my skin - I know it is weird, but it is just the way I am. So, you can imagine how these hiccups are affecting me! I want to jump around and make her move or reach in there and move her myself!

My breathing is a lot shorter these days and I want to sit and rest whenever I can. Getting up and down, especially from the bed, is getting challenging, but I know as soon as we meet her it will make it all worth it!

I only have 2 Christmas presents left to buy and a few stocking gifts to wrap but other than that everything is bought AND wrapped so I am excited about that!

I don't enjoy seeing myself right now, but know several of you probably would, so here is a picture from today - 35 weeks.

Thank you all for your continued prayers for Emilee, Harrison, Mike and me! We appreciate them all!

3 comments:

The Dales said...

You look wonderful! Can't wait to meet her!!

Cassie said...

Thanks Stephanie! I can't believe how soon she will be here to meet!

Meredith said...

Yay for only 5 more weeks!!
Yes, you do look great. Oh, I remember being short-winded. It felt so weird to be out of breath all the time!