Sunday, November 1, 2009

He's growing up too fast!

I always like to go in and check on Harrison after he falls asleep for his naps and at night time. Here is what I found this week - sleeping like a little man!

For those of you who know me well, and those of you who don't you can ask my parents, I wanted to drive from a very early age. I remember riding in my dad's lap when I was too small to touch the pedals, driving the riding lawn mover when I was too young to drive the car, rushing through dinners so I could drive the mini van around my grandmother's house before I had my license and then finally getting a job at Subway for the sole purpose of being able to buy my own car.
Well..... I think I have a little boy following closely in my footsteps! He LOVES to "drive" when we get to our neighborhood, he spends LOTS of time driving his power wheels jeep around our house and tonight we had a little conversation that went a little something like this:

Harrison: "When I get big I'm going to drive."

Me: "Oh yeah"

Harrison: "Yeah, I'm going to put the key in and drive you to Moe's!"

Me: "Wow, that will be a lot of fun!"

Harrison: "And daddy can come too."

When we are sitting in the car he also likes to tell Mike and I where we will sit in the car when he is driving (and we are always in the back seat!).

Hopefully that day will not come too fast and I am PRAYING he will drive safely when it does!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

As always, so very, very cute and clever.

Anonymous said...

I remember very well your desire to drive as soon as possible. Maybe time will slow down because Gracie is already too big