Monday, February 4, 2008

2 New Harrisaur Stories

Last night John and Amanda and Ava came up to watch the Super Bowl with us. We were getting into the game and talking and laughing about the comercials and Harrison was playing and running up and down the hallway downstairs. He came into the room and pulled his fingers out of his mouth and said "yummm...". I looked at him and was thinking there is no food out where he can reach it what does he think is yum? Then as he started to run back down the hall I realized the bathroom door was open and it was the TOLIET WATER that was yum (I know this is very gross!). I jumped up and ran to the door to see him with his hand down in the toliet ready for another lick! I quickly ran to him and stopped him and then washed his hands and mouth and then put him in the bathtub (it was time for him to go to bed anyway).
Thankfully the toliet was flushed (although it really doesn't make it that much better!). Just another reminder to me of how carefully I must watch my little angel :) All bathroom doors have been kept closed since then!!!

Story number 2

Today as I was making lunch for little Harrison and me. I went to the fridge and took out some leftovers to heat up. Harrison loves to stand inside the fridge and get his juice cup and drink it there when the fridge is open and I thought "Why not, I will put this back in as soon as I get out enough to warm up." Well, I made a very bad choice! Before I had finished dishing out our lunch I was drenched from behind with a gallon of sweet tea (Mike had just made it the day before and there was hardly any gone ~ also I tell you it was sweet tea so you can imagine the sticky floor). Poor little Harrison was drenched from head to toe, the refrigerator had a nice puddle of tea in the bottom and all over all the drawers and shelves the floor was covered and Harrison was screaming! It was quite an ordeal. So, I mopped up most of it, changed our clothes and we sat down to lunch. Normally after lunch Harrison lays down and I get to have some time to do something I want to do, but not today. Today I cleaned out the fridge, mopped the floor so my feet would stop sticking and washed down all the cabinets and dishwasher that were also splashed! Oh what fun ~ at least my kitchen is really clean now.

So, as we enter the 2 year old stage I am seeing that it is going to be quite exciting! Harrison is really becoming a little person and has a big personality! He is already getting frustrated when he doesn't get his way (he started this when he was 9 months though) or if we don't understand what he wants. He likes to run back and forth in front of me and then throw himself on the floor and cry! It is quite a scene ~ I can't wait for it to happen in Wal-Mart (ha ha). Anyway, please pray for me to have patience with Harrison and to teach him how to better respond to disapointments!

6 comments:

Meredith said...

First I gagged, then I laughed. I can just imagine all of these scenes! :)

The Dales said...

hahaha, poor Cassie...and you are all by yourself with these messes! I can only wait until Perrin hits that age, it will be a disaster area where ever he is! Wonder who will make the bigger mess, Perrin or Harrison!?!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed picturing Harrison in the toliet lapping away. I wonder how long he was there before he came in to tell you all that you need and try this?

Cassie said...

I think he just did it once (I hope). He usually comes and tells me pretty quickly when he is doing something new!

Jackie said...

Just another reminder of the things I will have to watch for when Perrin is visiting. The girls didn't get in to a lot but I can tell that Perrin is going to be different. I better put a lock up high on our back door so the little fellow doesn't wander out to the pool. I can't wait to see him and Harrison in the pool together. What fun we will have.

Cassie said...

I know it! I can't wait either. Harrison LOVES the water so I think they will have a blast!