This is something I received at Bible Study a few weeks ago and keep forgetting to post. It has really made me do some thinking so I thought I would share. I am thankful when I get things like this because it really makes me evaluate my life and see SO many areas that I need help to work on and change. The more I learn about Jesus the more awesome He becomes to me! A sinless life seems impossible and amazing to me, I have a lot to live up to!
When your wishes are crossed, your advice disregarded, and your opinions ridiculed, and yet you refuse to let anger rise in your heart or try to defend yourself, you are dying to self.
When you lovingly and patiently stand face to face with folly and spiritual insensitivity, and endure it as Jesus did, you have died to self.
When you are content with any food, money, clothing, climate, society, solitude, or interruption by the will of God, you have died to self.
When you never care to refer to yourself in conversation, record your own good works, or desire commendation from others, you are dying to self.
When you can honestly rejoice with a brother who has prospered and has his needs met, and never feel any envy though your needs are greater and still unmet, you have practiced dying to self.
When you can receive correction and reproof from one of less stature than yourself, and humbly admit he's right with no resentment or rebellion in your heart, you have died to self.
Are you dead yet?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I needed that. Thank you.
I've copied that and will keep it with me. Thanks, Cassie. Lots of needful things for me to remember.
It has definitely been helpful to me too. Something I keep out to read every day or so.
Post a Comment