Sunday, January 25, 2009

Very Literal...

Harrison and I were playing in his room earlier tonight. I got up to go to the bathroom and just went into the guest bath since it was closest. After sitting down I realized that there was no toilet paper. I checked under the sink and nothing, so I decided to give my little helper a job. It went a little something like this:


Me: "Harrison will you please go get mommy a little toilet paper. There isn't any left in your bathroom."


Harrison: "Uh-huh, ok mommy!"


Me: I don't need a lot, just get mommy a little bit and then I will get another roll." (Harrison is known for unrolling yards and yards of toilet paper which is why I gave this small bit of extra instructions)


Harrison: "Ok mama" run, run, run, run, run, run, run (I can hear him the whole way b/c he is wearing his cowboy boots)... here you go mama"


Me: (Laughing) "Oh thank you Harrison, but mommy needs a little bit more. Will you run back and get me a little more toilet paper please."


Harrison: "Ok mama" (He is a really sweet and helpful child!) run, run, run, run, run


The 2nd time was successful!





Here is what I got the first time:



I thought I was being specific enough but I will know better for next time!

Later this evening while I was warming up dinner I asked Harrison what he was doing. He was sitting at the kitchen table holding my devotional book and said "I readin' about God".

So innocent and sweet! I just love him to death!

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Not just sweet and innocent, but also an observer of an excellent mom! :)

grandma and pap pap knight said...

when i send harrison for paper i am going to ask for a lot pappy knight

Melissa said...

This is too funny!!!

Jami said...

At least he is an excellent listener! I love the end - reading about God- that is awesome!

Jackie said...

Well we know that he understand what a little bit is! It should make you proud that sweet Harrison was imitating you reading God's word. What a wonderful example for Harrison to learn!

grandma and pap pap knight said...

reading the devotional is precious and a memory to cherish