Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Rock Ranch

This was from 2 weekends ago. I thought I was going to figure out how to do a slide show thing but I didn't figure it out so I will just put some of my favorite pictures from that weekend up here.
The Rock Ranch is in The Rock, GA - no kidding! It is owned by Truett Cathy, he owns Chick-fil-A. It is a very cool ranch with lots of cows (we even saw the last of the original black and white cows - the other 2 have died). He allows for field trips to the ranch and you can also have a campout in a covered wagon! The wagon's sleep 8 and they take you way out on the ranch. You get all the supplies you will need like drinking water, fire building material etc. and for only $5 a person you get a hot dog supper with 2 hot dogs, chips lemonade and the supplies for making smores! I may have forgotten something but doesn't that sound like fun! I want to take Harrison sometime when he gets a little older.
Here are some pictures from that day. They were also having hot air ballons that day which were beautiful!
This is the tractor that took us from the parking area to the ranch!
The ranch was beautiful!

Harrison did not like the pony ride very much!

This was a pumpkin cannon! In the picture below you can see the pumpkin flying through the air.

Harrison and Aunt Amanda look at hot air balloons.

We could walk right up to the balloons and watch them being blown up.
We took at ride around the ranch on a little train. Harrison loved looking out the windows and pointing at the things we drove by.
Harrison loved petting the goats and sheep and donkey at the petting farm.
Isn't this donkey cute! I wish he hadn't closed his eyes for the picture.
I can ONLY pick one pumpkin!
OK, I pick this one!

I'm done, let's go home.

Sorry this is so long. I will figure out how to do the slide show for next time!

No comments: