So in the last 24 we have been SO busy. I cannot remember the last time we did so much in such a short amount of time. On Friday our friends David and Julie were moving to SC. We were helping - Mike putting all the heavy stuff in the truck and I was babysitting Max and Jake. They finished packing the trailer around 10:30 pm Friday night we ran home for Mike to shower so we could drive to SC for a very busy Saturday!
We left our house at 11:30 pm and arrived at my parents' house at 2:30 am. We slept in until 9:00 am, got up and dressed and headed to Paris Mountain for a picnic with some of Mike's high school friends. We had a great time visiting with everyone. Quay and Michelle (Quay is Mike's friend from high school and Michelle is his wife) were able to come down from NC to visit with everyone too! We had some great grilled chicken thanks to Brian and lots of other yummy salads and desserts! The men had fun playing bocce ball and the ladies talked and took pictures and cared for all the sweet baby boys.
After we left Paris Mtn. we went to look at 2 houses in Greenville. We liked both of them - the 1st one was really small and the second one was absolutely wonderful but they are not looking to do a lease to own right now so we can't afford it with our house in GA. I am praying super hard that our house will sell and we could maybe get this house! It had the best back yard for Harrison and the dogs and a really nice side porch for swinging!
Next we went to David and Julie's new house and helped unload the trailer. They have a lot of boxes to unpack now!
We headed back to Spartanburg and Mike dropped me off to visit with my friend Katie (we worked at Picture Perfect together and now she lives in Florida - I hope one day she will move back to SC though). I got to meet her really nice boyfriend Jon and see Katie's mom, sister, her three nieces (and one nephew on the way). We had a good visit and Harrison was even in a good mood even though it was after his bedtime and he had already had a very busy day. Mike went back to my mom's house to get our things packed up and take a shower. He came back and got us and we headed back down to GA around 9:30 pm. We arrived back at our house at 12:15 am (24 hours and 45 min after we had left!).
Why did we come back so quickly you ask? Mike misses his own bed and home! He is working from home on Monday and wanted 2 nights in his own house - after living out of a suitcase for 10 months I can't really blame him either!
We are taking it easy today and just spending some lazy family time together.
Here are a few pictures of our picnic at Paris Mtn.
3 comments:
Was the WWCND? guy at your wedding? He looks so familiar.
Glad you guys had a fun (albeit busy) 24 hours! I was so very tired yesterday, and then I read your blog and had to crash. It made me even more tired! Haha. :)
(This is Mere, not Keith, by the way.)
Yes, that is Brian. You might have even walked down the isle with him.
I am definitely ready to be up there and stop this back and forth. It is getting very old!
How was your weekend with all your company? I am sure you are worn out too!
Cassie
lookes like you guys had fun filled weekend. Good luck on trying to find a house. Hey my husband is building a house in reidville but it wont be done probably till jan. FYI!!!! Hey I have to act as advertisement for my hubby sometimes. lol..
Post a Comment