Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Trouble in the Big Boy Bed

Well, I was afraid it would happen and it did. Last night (Harrison's 2nd night in his bed) he woke up crying about 12 for no reason. I had only been asleep for about an hour so I felt like I had bricks on my ankles as I walked to his room. He was back asleep in just a second and so was I!

Then around 4:30 am he fell out of the and he was screaming for me. My sweet husband was able to stumble out of the bed first and found him sitting in his floor. Unfortunately daddy was not what Harrison wanted. He continued to screaming for me and I knew it was going to take a little longer to get him back to sleep this time so I put my pj pants back on and went to the bathroom. When I made it to Harrison's room Mike was very thankful to be handing him off! I had previously planned to squish into his little bed with him when we decide to take the bobbies away so I can still rest and he will hopefully sleep too. I decided to try that so I squished into the bed with Harrison, to which he screamed even louder "You too big my bed mommy! You too big!"

Soooo...... I sat in the floor and laid my head on his bed and held his hand. He calmed down in just a few seconds but he was awake and didn't want me to leave. So I curled up in the floor with my head on the big Pooh bear for a pillow and laid there until I could tell he was asleep again. Then I quietly crawled to the door and went back to bed. No more trouble for the rest of the night.

NOW - how am I going to keep that little wiggle worm in his bed?!?!?! Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh, I'm sorry about that, I really am, but I had to laugh over "YOU TOO BIG, MOMMY!"

The Dales said...

I girl I know has a full length bed rail (not rails, but netting stuff in a plastic frame) on the front side of the toddler bed and it works well. Her child has been in the bed for at least a year and they keep it on so she doesn't fall out. Maybe that would work?

Anonymous said...

I think he'll sleep tonight--no nap at "Gammie's" house today!

Jami said...

I too had to laugh at the "you too big, mommy!" I am sure he will get used to it, if not, you might want to keep some blankets and pillows in the room for you, since Harrison won't let you be in his bed!:)

Cassie said...

Yeah we are have had 2 nights w/out trouble and one night that he fell out but it was before we went to bed so it wasn't bad. I think he will get used to it soon and be fine.
I do need to stick an extra pillow in there at least though Jami!

Cassie said...

PS Mom he fell asleep on the way home that night and slept through the night. He had a great time with you!