Thursday, February 12, 2009

Harrison's Tubes

This morning I was looking in Harrison's ears (its just something a mom does!) and I saw what I thought was a big scab. At first it scared me and then I realized it was blue and it must be his tube. I took him to the bathroom and wiped it out with a Q-tip. It was covered in wax, which is what I guess pushed it out. I cleaned it up and took some pictures for your benefit and so I would remember it. :) At his two year check-up (4 1/2 months ago) they told me it was loose and would probably fall out soon. A month or so ago Harrison told us that he had a bug in his ear. I thought then that is was just coming out a little further. I think it is neat that I saw it and it just didn't fall out on the ground!

He still has the one in his right ear (I guess) so just pray that the evil ear infections will not come back! Hopefully his tubes have grown and slanted enough that fluid will drain out and not sit in his ear and give him the infections.

Here are some pictures of the tube for your viewing enjoyment!

Little blue tube on my hand (sorry it is a little blurry!)

Little blue tube next to a dime (I know I'm weird!)

And finally, little blue tube on the end of a toothpick. And yes, I will be taping it into his baby book :)

I know these pictures were weird, but I don't plan on carrying the tube around to show people (I'm not THAT weird) and I just wanted anyone interested to be able to see how small it was. It's also very rubbery, not hard (which is what I thought). That's all!

6 comments:

Roshena said...

I had no idea they were so small!

Meredith said...

Me either!
Thanks for showing us, Cassie.

Cassie said...

Sure!

Jackie said...

Now I am shocked. I just imagined this tube about an 1/2 inch long and LOTS bigger than that. WOW. I pray all the ear infections are over.

Melissa said...

Wow! I thought tubes were...well, big tubes! Interesting...I never knew it looked like that. Cool...guess I'm weird too. ;o)

Jami said...

I am laughing out loud (about the baby book comment and the not carrying it around), but maybe someday I will understand. It was pretty interesting though. Thanks for sharing:)