Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Potty Training

The time is quickly approaching... time to potty train. We have been working on it a little since Harrison showed any interest in the potty, but it has not been consistent at all because he just wasn't ready yet.

Yesterday I put big boy underwear on him as a little reward (they are Thomas the train and he LOVES them - we don't even put pants back on so he can see them and look at them!) after he went pee-pee in potty.

I was getting ready in our bathroom and Harrison came running in and was playing with a ball. He ran over the shower and told me he was going poo. I quickly put him on out toilet (he wasn't very happy at first) and he went! Mike was still home and we had a party in the bathroom! He got a bowl full of M&M's (not really, but it was more than 2). We were going to Wal-Mart and I told him he could pick out a toy since he was such a big boy and we put some pull-ups on him.

Before we went to Wal-Mart I stopped at the gym I had been visiting to join. While we were there Harrison told me he had to pee-pee so we took off for the bathroom and he went! I was so happy and thinking that he was maybe getting it.

Then we got home and he refused to go on the potty. After nap time we put big boy underwear back on and he refused to go everytime I took him. Then at last he pooped in the underwear (which is just gross!).

Today, not interested AT ALL so I am not going to push the issue. We have pull-ups, big boy underwear, M&M's and a ball that he picked out at Wal-mart (of course -we only have a million of them already - but it was what he wanted) that is now on top of the refrigerator until he goes to the potty again. We are ready and will just wait a few more weeks and see if Harrison is too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although Harrison is not ready to go potty, I on the other hand am ready to go potty!

This morning we were rushing around gettting ready for Bible study. I ran into the bathroom right before we left and Harrison of course came with me. When he heard me "go" he opened his mouth real wide and said "Mama go pee-pee on the potty. M&M's!" I can of course just picture myself doing this exact same thing when Harrison goes. I said, "That's ok Harrison mama doesn't need any M&M's right now." He thought I did and so I hear "Come on mama, M&M's". So I went and had an M&M. A few seconds later as I am putting my earrings on Harrison comes up to me and says "Mama I proud of you!" (something else he has heard me say when he is on the potty) That has made me smile all day!

So I have been potty trained well and hopefully little man will get there one day soon too!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

What an absolute sweetheart.

The Dales said...

He is a sweetie pie!

Oh, as soon as he decides he wants to be potty trained he'll do great since he knows when to tell you he has to go. Now its all up to him! He is so smart!

Meredith said...

I agree, based on what Mom has told us about the way we were potty trained. Sounds like H is well on his way!

Cassie said...

Well not since that day. He is totally uninterested again so we are not going to push it and wait until the weather warms up and we can do it outside! Cleaning pee pee out of the rug is not fun!

Jami said...

I am so proud of you Cassie!:)