Thursday, August 23, 2007

Ants

I hate ants! On Tuesday morning Harrison and I were playing with his ball and he threw it into the kitchen. He went crawling after it and when he stopped I noticed that there was a parade of ants through my kitchen from the window to the dog food bowl! I hate ants! I grabbed Harrison up, put him in the exersaucer (which he hated and so he began screaming) while I killed all the ants, sprayed ant killer around the window inside and out, swept up all the dead ants and then got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed the floor. I hate ants! I decided I would empty and wash the dog bowl every night from then on.

Wednesday was great, no ants UNTIL... I was getting in the bed at 10:45 walked over to Mike's side of the bed to cover up the dogs and I saw a napkin that Cooper had pulled out of the trash can. When I picked it up I discovered that there were millions of ants on the napkin. I ran to the kitchen, threw it in the sink and turned on all the water to kill the ants went and grabbed the vaccuum and vaccuumed the floor then I went and got the bug spray again and sprayed under the window where I guess they must be coming from. I was exhausted!

I hate ants! I am glad they are just the little black ones that don't bite, but WHERE ARE THEY COMING FROM!!!!!! Needless to say my kitchen is spotless right now and if ANYTHING gets on the floor or counters I am cleaning it up as quick as possible because those little boogers get the word out fast when they find something to eat.

Mike has promised me to put ant killing granules in the yard when he gets home this weekend. I can't wait!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

I'm so excited about this new way to keep in touch with you!
Man, I hate ants too. We came home from Spartanburg on Sunday with a MAJOR infestation. It drives me up the wall.

-Sarah said...

Hey Cassie! I am glad you started a blog :) I am looking forward to future updates and pictures. We are getting settled in Wisconsin and are enjoying thunderstorms which were rare in SoCal.

donandshena said...

Oh Cassie, that's so frustrating! Sounds like you're a force to be reckoned with from the ants perspective. I mean, how stupid can they be!? After the first, and SECOND annihilation, you'd think they'd get the point...

The Dales said...

Cassie, I have to tell you we have had ants AWFUL this week to! One day I walked in the kitchen and they were in front of the stove EVERYWHERE, tons of them, the next day they were on the counter top near my milk and bottles for Perrin (talk about furious!) and then the worst was when I opened my cabinet were my food is and they were all over my food, in my bread eating it, in the sugar EVERYWHERE! I had to get all the food out of the cabinets and wash it, look for the little boogers and kill them then go back and clorox the cabinets and put my food back! I have been so irritated at this mess! Mom says everyone she knows is having a time with them, it is something about when its dry outside, they come in looking for moisture. You aren't alone! It stinks, doesn't it?? Hope you are rid of them now!!

Anonymous said...

AHHA! You are far more aggressive with the ants than I am. Maybe that's why I never get rid of them.