Friday, November 30, 2007

Finally Home!!!

We are finally back after a little longer (but wonderful) visit to SC for Thanksgiving. We left on November 19th and returned last night November 29th. Ten very busy days with family and friends! I know I will never be able to remember everything that we did over those 10 days and unfortunately I did a horrible job of taking pictures this trip but I will do my best to remember some of what we did and post the pictures that I did get!
Ok, so here it goes... Monday we got to mom and dad's house right before dinner. We had dinner, Harrison played (he remembers everyone!), went to bed.

Tuesday we just hung out at the house, Harrison and I went to lunch at Schlotzsky's Deli with dad and John and then mom and I rode out to Julie's house so mom could see Max and Jake and I had some things I needed to give to Julie.

Wednesday we spent most of the day cooking and getting ready for Thanksgiving (this made Thanksgiving really easy b/c everything was ready and just needed to be cooked!). We ate dinner at Mike's parents house that night and Harrison got to see Uncle Mark and Aunt Casey. Mark had not seen Harrison since August (H. couldn't even crawl then) so he had a lot of changes to show his uncle! Mark is at the Maritime Academy in Maine and was home for Thanksgiving. Harrison's cousins (Jack and Charlotte) were also over and Harrison had so much fun with them too!

Thursday we had 2 HUGE Thanksgving dinners!!! They were both SO delicious and I ate WAY too much ~ who didn't? We took a walk around the farm that afternoon and just relaxed with family the rest of the day.

Friday Mike, Harrison and I went and did a little Christmas shopping. We didn't go too early so it wasn't too crazy and we got some great deals for some presents ~ I can't tell what the deals were until after Christmas!!! Next, we went over to John and Jessica's to help put up their lights on their house. Last year John almost fell off the roof so this year he decided to get some help! When we got there the house was full of smoke due to an overflowed pound cake from yesterday that started to burn when they cooked some bagel bites! The smoke was just pouring out of the stove and despite having doors and windows open nothing was really helping. John and Mike finally took the whole stove outside on the porch to let it clear out out there! It was rather exciting. The lights looked great too! Mike and John had a plan in case John fell off the ladder. If John started to fall he was to scream "Armegedon", jump backwards and lay out flat and Mike would gracefully catch him ~ it sounded so exciting I was kind of hoping John might fall ~ ha ha. That night John and Jess babysat Harrison while Mike, mom, dad and I went to see Enchanted. It was a great movie and very funny. The beginning starts out as a cartoon and turns into a real movie about 20 min. into it ~ I thought Mike was going to kill me during those first few minutes!

The only thing I can remember from Saturday was that I shot Mike's gun. He wanted me to learn how to do it since I am here alone all the time. It was rather scary but I guess it is good to know how to do. That night we ate at Mike's parents' house and Harrison had loads of fun with his cousins again playing the piano and watching the dancing cows with Pap-pap.

Sunday we saw Meredith, Keith, Jackie, Steph and Perrin for just a second before we went to church. I hope we will get a longer visit with them over Christmas ~ Harrison has so much he wants to show them!

Monday I went through some things at grandma's house and spent some time letting Harrison play with her.

Tuesday we visited Julie, Max and Jake. Julie was needing some help sorting through baby clothes (putting up 0-3 month, packing up 3-6 month summer and sorting 3-6 month winter, packing up 6-9 winter for later and 9-12 month summer for Jake, packing up 12-18 month clothes and labeling for Harrison to borrow, organizing 24 month and 2T winter for Max and packing up 2T for summer for Max) it was very confusing and along with taking care of all three boys took us quite a while. We also sorted and packed things to store in the attic that they were not using. Tuesday night we went to dinner with mom and dad at the Monsoon Noodle House ~ delicious! We met up with John and Jessica, then we walked around Dickens of a Christmas where we saw so many people that I had not seen in a long time. I saw several people from Roebuck (church growing up), Mr. and Mrs. Houghton (she was my fifth grade teacher and her daughter Tara is one of my friends), Mrs. Swofford and her family (she was John's 3 and 4 K teacher ~ imagine her surprise when she saw John the little boy who had to keep Pooh Bear under his desk at school or he wouldn't come, Jamie Lawhorne (who is getting married at the end of December) and her mom almost all of Jessica's family except Cassie who was at the hospital having a baby! We missed Steph, Jonathan and Perrin this time, but we saw them shopping on Friday. It was a really great time!

Wednesday we went back up to Julie's house and kept working on sorting and packing stuff. We planned on leaving this day but plans always change and we stayed one more day!

Thursday Harrison had his first "real" playdate! We went to the mall and met Julie (Max and Jake), Elizabeth (Caleb and Alexa) and Suzanne (Will). The kids played on the little playground and the moms talked (or least talked as much as you can while watching 6 kids!) We went to lunch at Ocharlies then went back to mom and dad and started packing. We got home last night around 10 and it was so nice to sleep in my own bed!

We had a wonderful, busy visit but are glad to be home so we can decorate for Christmas (I know I am behind!) We can't wait to do this all again at Christmas ~ although I am praying our house will sell before then (I don't even care if I have to put up and take down decorations twice if we move!)

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday ~ we all have so much to be thankful for! Here are some pictures to enjoy!
Four generations!
Sorry there is food in his mouth ~ but isn't that smile the cutest!

Playing the piano with Jack and Charlotte ~ it was VERY loud!
Jack, Harrison and Charlotte on the piano.
Pap-Pap with all his grandchildren (except Ava who isn't born yet!) watching the dancing cows. This is Harrison's favorite thing to watch, notice that he will not take his eyes off the screen for a second!

Playing outside at Grammy and Pop's house.

On the swing ~ he could do this all day.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Ok, probably no one will agree with me but I can see Rik in the picture of Harrison with that great smile with food in his mouth. Something about the eyes. Wish we could have seen more of you guys, especially little Harrison. Love ya, Jackie

Cassie said...

I think Harrison looks like dad sometimes too! Hopefully we can get together for a little while over Christmas! We miss y'all!

The Dales said...

He is so cute I could squeeze him! Can't wait for him to experience Christmas this year!