Emilee is a very healthy little girl and the dr. was very pleased with her progress. She weighed 10 lbs. 12 oz. (44%) and was 23.5 in. (86%) long! She HATED her shots (and so did I) and she had a really bad time with them last evening. Her leg got very swollen and red and she screamed and screamed until the Tylenol kicked in. I felt like a terrible mom for not giving her any before the appt. After the tylenol and a warm bath she was back to her normal self and has seemed fine all day today!
Development update -
She is smiling a lot now, especially when someone is talking to her. She likes to stick her tongue out and blow spit bubbles. She is holding her head up pretty well and lifting it up off a flat surface too (not just when her chest is propped up on something). When she is nursing she likes to put her hand up and play with her hair (so girly!). When she is in her crib she scoots over so that her head is touching the bumper (Harrison liked to do this too). Emilee has gotten very good at putting her hand in her mouth. She still is very much a pacy girl, but enjoys sucking on whatever part of her hand she can as well.
Overall, Emilee is a great baby! She hardly ever fusses unless she is hungry, tired or bored. She enjoys sitting in her bouncy seat an watching everyone walk around. She loves her crib and falls asleep by herself. We still have her in the bassinet in our room and she is still waking up between 4-5 to eat but I am not pushing her to get rid of that feeding because I know that when she does we will never have that special time together in the early morning again!
I am trying to enjoy every minute with both of our kids. We are so blessed to have them and we know that this time of them being so small is passing by very quickly. Some days are still very frustrating, but I just try to remember that it won't be like this forever and I will miss it when it is gone.
Harrison continues to be a very helpful big brother. He loves to get Emilee a pacy if she is crying, bring me a diaper or burp cloth or just sit and entertain her. I think he is not feeling as jealous of her anymore. He is very protective of her and constantly asks me where she is when he can't see her. I think he was ready to fight an elderly man at our church last week when he told Harrison he was going to take his little sister home with him. Harrison said, "NO! She is my sister!" I quickly told Harrison he was just kidding but he would not walk with me to his class until Mike came over and sat with Emilee on the pew! I think he is turning into a great big brother!
I was going to wait and put these up tomorrow after we go for Emilee's 2 month check up, but I couldn't wait. She is growing and changing so much and is starting to get a little personality! I hope you enjoy these - I'll get her height and weight and dr. report up tomorrow after our visit.
2 comments:
What a sweet girl. She is precious and I love the bracelet pic! You have the best of both worlds, a fun loving boy and a sweet girl!
Aw, thank you for that!
Love the giraffe outfit!
Post a Comment