Monday, March 8, 2010

3 funny stories...

1. A few weeks ago we were eating at my parents house. I was getting drinks ready for everyone and Harrison wanted to see what I was doing. My parents have the "old timey" :) ice trays in their freezer and I had filled them up with water. Harrison wanted to know what they trays were and wanted to see what was inside. I lifted him up to see inside the ice trays and said, "I put water in those trays and in a little while the water will turn into ice." Harrison responded (in the most astonished and excited voice ever) "WATER IS ICE!" It was so cute and fun to show him how an ice cube melts into water. It's the little things!

2. Last week Harrison went to bathroom to "sit" for a little while. He likes to go in there by himself and close the door and continue to talk to me through the door (even if I am on the other side of the house - he just talks louder and louder). On this particular day I was trying to get things ready so we could run to the store. I went in to check on Harrison to see if he was finished and he said "not yet". I told him I was leaving the door open so I could hear him better when he said he was done. He said ok and I walked out. As I turned to corner I hear Harrison say, "Ahhh.. fresh air!" Totally made me laugh out loud - where does he get this stuff!!!

3. Mom and dad had Harrison on Saturday. He had a little toy dog, that he had gotten out of one of those little machines, and he and dad were talking about it. Here's how the conversation went:
Dad: "What is your dogs name?"
Harrison: "He doesn't have a name"
Dad: "Well, we should give him a name."
Harrison: "I named him Nudie but all of his friends laughed at him!"

** for those of you without boys or without boys who are old enough yet - saying "nudie", "booty", "hiney" etc. is hilarious to little boys of this age :)

He's a mess, but we love him that way!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

That is so cute. Won't you just love it when you can show him these things he said.

Anonymous said...

What a great chronicle to look back on!...you made my morning, Harrison!

Meredith said...

Water is ice... LOVE IT!