Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happenings...

Look who has curls! Its only when her hair is wet and once it dries it is completely straight again, but I can't say I would be upset if she had some curls!!!

Sunday when we got home from church we took advantage of the 65 + degree weather and went outside for a few pictures while Harrison and Emilee were still in their cute church clothes! Too bad Harrison was tired and Emilee was hungry. Oh well, they're cute anyway :)




Crazy Hair Night in Awana. I think this is definitely crazy and suitable for our little man all at the same time!


Here's a story I keep forgetting to post about. I wasn't there when it happened, but loved it and wanted to be sure to remember it in years to come. On December 26th my niece, Ava, had her 2nd birthday party in Gastonia, NC. Since I was already "overdue" we decided it would be best for me to not go. So, Mike and I stayed home and we sent Harrison with Mike's brother Mark and his wife Casey and their son Luke so he wouldn't miss the party.
When they left, around 8:45 pm, Harrison and Luke were both very tired after playing hard with all the cousins. They were watching a movie, but Casey said Luke just kept whining and fussing because he was just too tired. Finally, Luke began crying really hard. Mark and Casey said they were worried because for a time Harrison would freak out if he was stuck in his car seat when someone started crying and they didn't know what they would do if they had 2 screaming kids on the hour ride home! I never really figured out why Harrison would get so upset when another child cried, but thankfully that problem has gone away now that Emilee is here! They said Harrison never cried but after a while they said they could hear Harrison talking but they couldn't understand what he was saying. They turned down the movie and finally understood Harrison saying: "Dear God, please make Luke be quiet - and help me not to get mad." :)
I love all the funny little things he does/says and want to remember as many of them as I can!



5 comments:

Jackie said...

Those are cute pictures and thanks for the laugh. That Harrison is a mess.

SarahRach said...

Love the story, Cassie!! SO FUNNY! And the pictures are good, too. Love the one of Harrison kissing Emilee's head. Adorable.

Meredith said...

That story is the funniest thing I've heard in a loooooong time! It's also so very sweet, because it shows you and Mike are teaching him to pray!

Cassie said...

Thanks! We do love that little boy!

Anonymous said...

So precious - the kiss photo outside, crazy hair night, and fruit of your labor with Harrison...with a little humor mixed in. You guys are doing such a great job with both your 'little hot messes' ;) Miss you tons!